Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Friday, February 12, 2010

A sleep-deprived daddy

Although Anna Kate is a pretty good sleeper, we do have to get up a few times in the middle of the night with her. Last night I discovered that Luke doesn't function at his usual capacity on less sleep that usual! Around midnight Anna Kate woke up and wanted to eat, so I asked Luke if he would get up and bring her to me so that I could feed her. Instead of getting up out of bed to go get her from her bassinet, Luke tried to pick up my leg and give it to me! Apparently he thought my leg was the baby! I told him that the baby was actually in her bed and it took him a minute, but then he figured it out and went and brought her to me! A few hours later, around 2 or 3, when Anna Kate was ready to eat again, I heard her and asked Luke to look at the clock and tell me what time it was. He responded groggily, "It's like 8:10 or 8:20..." Knowing full well that it couldn't possibly be 8:10 or 8:20, I asked him if he could just check again and he said, "Uggh, I just told you it's like 8:10..." Oh well, I got up and checked myself - it was 2:08! I guess lack of sleep will do that to you! Luke does want me to make sure I tell you all that he does help out a lot and has changed more diapers than I have these last 4 days!

Here is a picture of the sleep-deprived daddy and his little girl.

1 comment:

  1. My advice is, just get up and do it yourself in the middle of the night, because by the time you get hubby awake, you are wide awake anyway! Then you can get more out of them during the day:) Niki from Bolivia

    ReplyDelete