Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Friday, April 16, 2010

Grocery Shopping

Every morning around 6:45 AM, Anna Kate and I (Luke) take Patty to work since we have one car. Anna Kate is a trooper about this and normally doesn't put up much of a fuss. Most days, we then turn around and come home to have Daughter-Daddy time where she plays on her mat and we play while Daddy drinks his coffee (she doesn't has as much of a problem being awake at 5:30 in the morning but I definitely need my coffee).

This is our normal routine, but once a week,we have to go grocery shopping. I have learned that the best time to go is around 7:00 AM. In fact, our local Wal-Mart tends to have more employees than customers at that time. This is especially helpful for me since every now and then I need help finding random items. We were able to find a Baby Bjorn at a consignment sale for only $8 which allows me to shop with my hands free. Anna Kate normally sleeps while we walk around, but today she was wide awake and smiling at everyone we saw. Here is a picture of us in the parking lot:


It was a little cold and windy so Anna Kate didn't want to smile outside. Inside the store everyone that we saw wanted to come over and talk and look at her so it took us a little longer to shop today. However, we got just about everything that we needed and got out in only 40 minutes. Speaking of shopping, I have been trying to be more adventurous in my cooking lately, so this week I got out our wok that we have never used, seasoned it, and then cooked some sweet and sour chicken from scratch (well except for some of the vegetable which I bought in a stir-fry mix). Here is a picture of our wok and food:



Of course, this was only one night this week - the rest of them we just had tacos and hamburgers, but still this is one step in the right direction :)

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing, Luke!! Anna Kate is really learning to go with the flow. I wish I had been in that Wal-Mart to enjoy you both. Anna Kate is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke

    You are such a good little house boy. Patty has trained you well.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, so, when can we come over for some chinese food??? :)

    ReplyDelete