Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Conversations with Anna Kate

Anna Kate has been saying and doing some pretty funny things lately.  Here are just a few!

The other day at the grocery store she kept asking if we could go by the bakery to see if they had any free cookies.  We often do this when we go, but this day she had already had a number of sweets, so I told her that we weren't going to get a cookie.  She looked at me very sadly (not angry or demanding, just sad and pleading) and said, "But I have made it clear that I want a cookie!"

We have been working on teaching Anna Kate how to wake up and get out of bed without waking up Caroline who may still be sleeping.  If she sees that the first number of the digital clock is a 7, she can get out of bed quietly and come downstairs.  Sunday morning, however, she apparently forgot and called out, "I'm awake!" very loudly, which of course woke up Caroline.  I went in there and got onto her for waking up her sister and she said, "Mommy, just milk her and she will go right back to sleep!"

Yesterday while I was doing dishes in the kitchen, I heard Anna Kate playing in the dining room (which was set up for me to teach violin lessons later that afternoon).  She was apparently giving her imaginary rhino friends a violin lesson because I heard her say, "No, rhinos, I told you to play it on the A string, not the E string!"

Any time that she finds something that she hasn't see in a while (even if it's just something small like a pen cap or a bouncy ball), she excitedly holds it up and exclaims, "We were been missing this!"

Anna Kate has become quite the negotiator lately.  The other day she asked me if I would snuggle her as she fell asleep for nap and I told her that I would for one minute.  And she said, "Two minutes?" To which I responded, "Ok, two minutes."  And she said, "Or seven?"

Sunday morning her Sunday school teacher said that the first thing Anna Kate said when she walked in the door was, "What will we be learning about today, Ms. Tammy?"  Tammy told her that the lesson would be about Jeremiah and Anna Kate responded, "Hmmm...ok!" as if to say, "That will be acceptable!"

And just for fun, here's a picture of my funny girl.  She put this little ensemble together herself the other morning:  pink headband, Olympic gold medal, hippo jammie shirt, two different purses, and purple butterfly underpants!

No comments:

Post a Comment