Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The things they say...

Our girls certainly keep us on our toes. And they also keep us laughing. Here are some recent happenings around the Tolbert house.

After dinner one evening...
Me: "Ok, it's time for family worship. Let's go to the living room."
AK: "Are frogs allowed to come to family worship?"
Me: "Um...no."
AK: "Well, I'm a frog, so I guess I can't come."


Caroline has quite the little sense of humor. She also loves finishing the sentences when we read stories. Normally she finishes the sentence correctly, but sometimes she makes up jokes. This morning while reading Curious George, I stopped after saying, "George's friend, the man with the yellow ______." Caroline started giggling before she even said anything and then responded, "HORSEY!"

Confession time. I need 2 hours of quiet time in the afternoon. Caroline consistently takes a 3 hour nap. Anna Kate's nap is about 1.5 hours. They normally go down right at 1pm. When AK wakes up, she is allowed to read stories in bed until she sees that the first number on the clock is a 3. Simple enough. Except for those days when we're busy, running errands, eat lunch late, whatever, and I don't get the girls down until a little after one. No problem, I just secretly change the digital clock by the bed so that it reads "1:00" no matter what time I put them down. 

Well, apparently, this is no secret. Today as AK was getting into bed, she asked, "Mommy, it's 1:10, but are you going to change the clock?" Playing ignorant, I asked, "What do you mean?" She responded matter-of-factly, "You know, change the clock to 1:00 like you always do." And the cat's out of the bag, ladies and gentlemen.

Caroline is quite a loving little girl. Literally hundreds of times a day, whenever she sees one of us, she looks right at us and says, "Mommy, I wuvytoo; Daddy, I wuvytoo; Sissy, I wuvytoo." Translation: "I love you, too!" 

Caroline also thinks it's pretty funny that she has figured out Mommy and Daddy's real names. She now feels at liberty to call us "Yuke" and "Pa-y" whenever she pleases. And of course, she giggles about it every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment