Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

When I woke up this morning, I realized that Anna Kate didn't have anything to wear for St. Patrick's Day, so I grabbed a green shirt she had (that has an applique of a little girl and flowers on it) and cut out a clover out of some extra green cloth (er...one of Luke's t-shirts...thanks sweetheart!) and sewed it on...perfect and it only took 30 minutes! Anyway, she got to wear her outfit to the library for story time and then we came home to take some pictures. Unfortunately, she was tired and hungry, so this was all we got on take one:


After eating some lunch (who doesn't love some peanut butter and banana?) she felt much better and was willing to pose for a picture (sort of)!

But then she realized how cool my camera looked, so here she is signing "please" asking if she could hold it:


How can you say no to that? I still wanted to try to get a couple more pictures though, so I handed her my cell phone instead:


So there you have it. That was the best we could come up with for our photo shoot. It used to be so much easier to take her picture when she couldn't move...here's a picture of her on St. Patrick's day last year at 5 weeks old. What a difference a year makes!

I will leave you with the same quote I shared last year from the great pastor, missionary, and evangelist, St. Patrick himself:

“Christ shield me this day: Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I arise, Christ in the heart of every person who thinks of me, Christ in the eye that sees me, Christ in the ear that hears me.”

2 comments:

  1. Seriously love the applique! Good job, girlie! And, of course, I'm sure Luke gladly gave up the shirt...but if not, it's too late anyway, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures. She is just so doggone cute! Of course, so are all 4 of our grand children!

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete