Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The girls' room!

We finally finished all of the updating/decorating that needed to happen in the nursery before Caroline's arrival, and I absolutely love it! Probably my favorite room in the house! It's still the same pink/brown flowers and butterflies theme that we had with Anna Kate, but with some new additions, so here are the pics! The room is actually really big, so I couldn't get a shot of the whole thing...just a little bit at a time!

View as you walk in

(the dollhouse was made for me and my sister by our grandfather and decorated to look just like the house in Oregon that we grew up in)

Sweet baby girl dresses...the one on the right was actually my dress!


Close-up of Anna Kate's bed
(which is not really her bed yet, but will be as soon as we get the courage to move her out of the crib!)


I mean, this should work, right?


And since we took a couple of Anna Kate with her bed, here is Caroline and her bed!
I'm planning on making another canvas picture for her like we have for AK with her footprints, birth stats, etc. But we need to have a baby first!


In between the girls' beds is the rocking chair in front of the window


And Anna Kate wanted to ham it up for the camera...


The fireplace. Yes, we have a fireplace in the nursery! Actually we have four fireplaces in the house, but they are coal-burning fireplaces used to heat the house when it was first built in the early 1900's. So, now they're just for decoration until we figure out how to burn wood in them without burning the house down!

(and those are some of my porcelain doll collection from when I was growing up)

Changing table area


And, last but not least, here are a couple close-ups of the canvas art that you saw above AK's bed and above the changing table. I did all the painting and my mom did the calligraphy. Thanks, Mom!



(And yes, Christy, I got the idea to use this verse from your nursery...hope you don't mind!)

So there it is! Hope you enjoyed the tour!

1 comment:

  1. Patty the room is gorgeous! And Mom, the calligraphy is beautiful. Well done. The girls will love their room!

    ReplyDelete