Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Sunday, December 18, 2011

2 months old today!

Happy 2-month birthday, Sweet Caroline Hope! I don't like that these days and weeks are passing so quickly, but we have so enjoyed this past month with you, watching your little personality develop. Here is how you are growing and changing this month.

~You are really starting to be more interactive. You have the sweetest little cooing voice and have started "talking" back when Mommy and Daddy talk to you.
~ You now smile a lot during your awake times and have even been known to let out a few giggles! One of the sweetest things you do is give Mommy a big contented smile when you finish nursing. Melts my heart.
~ You are really enjoying your toys on your playmat. You like to bat at the little rattles and things, but you really like the light-up lamb that plays music that your Uncle Stephen and Aunt Rachael and Leah gave you. You don't like it when the music stops and you let us know!
~ You still look like your big sister in some ways, but you definitely have a darker complexion. Your hair has stayed darker and your eyes, though they still have a slight bluish tint around the edge, are turning even darker. I think you might look a little bit more like your Mommy.
~ You are SUCH a good sleeper! I have started to put you down to bed around 9pm and we don't hear from you until 4 or 5. That's 7-8 hours at a time! I feed you around 4 or 5 and then you're back to bed until 7 or 8. You also take some great naps during the day. Oh, and did I mention that you're doing all this sleeping in your own bassinet? We love to snuggle you, but we appreciate the fact that you'll sleep on your own now! I think we're almost ready to put you in the nursery with Anna Kate...
~ One of the things I have really enjoyed this month is watching the way you and Anna Kate have started to interact. She absolutely adores you and you love to watch all of her crazy antics. Her favorite names for you are "Caresy Bearsy" and "Baby Tarry-yine". She has also been known to get quite upset if your outfit doesn't match hers.
~ You really are such a good baby and usually come with me wherever I go. I have mostly been keeping you with me at church because you pretty much just sleep in the sling, but the last couple of weeks the nursery workers have begged me to leave you with them so that they can snuggle and rock you! Last week I left you just for the Sunday School hour for the first time and you did great!
~ As far as your two-month stats go, we are having to postpone your appointment until after Christmas, so I don't really know how much you weigh or how long you are. But when I weigh myself holding you and then subtract my own weight, you're about 12 pounds. We'll see when we go to the doctor what it is exactly, but we can definitely tell that you are growing!

Caroline Hope, we feel so blessed that you joined our family two months ago. You bring us so much joy with your sweet smiles and snuggles. We love you more than words can say and are so excited to see what God has in store for your precious life.

And here are your pictures!

One month old!


Two months old!


Look at that smirk!

No comments:

Post a Comment