Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Monday, February 13, 2012

My latest project

So I mentioned in my playroom post a few weeks ago that I had been using my sewing machine a little bit. I found some super cute fabric on clearance at Hobby Lobby when we were in Greenwood after Christmas and I really wanted to try my hand at making clothes for the girls. All I had done before was pillowcase dresses, which are cute, but I wanted to try something a little different. Well, one of the ladies in our church offered to come over a couple days last week and show me a few tricks of the trade. With her assistance, I made my first little A-line outfit with ruffled pants for Anna Kate! I had some scraps leftover, as well as some scraps of a white with pink polka dot fabric that I just could not let go to waste, so I put together a little coordinating dress for Caroline too! Unfortunately, my little models refused to take good pictures after church yesterday, so these might possibly be the blurriest pictures I have ever put up on my blog, but oh well.

I tried to get a couple of shots of them together...



Then we tried one at a time...


And then I figured I'd just wait until they went to bed and take pictures of the outfits themselves...at least they don't wiggle and run away...


So, it may just be beginner's enthusiasm, but I had so much fun making these outfits that I just might have a new hobby! Luke's not sure if I'm going to save money by making them clothes, or if I'm going to spend more money buying fabric all the time, haha! Now if I could only get my children to sleep more, I could have more time to sew...

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job, Patty! It's fun and addictive. Can't wait to see what else you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!!! I love Caroline's coordinating dress too! How fun! I bet you would save money!

    ReplyDelete