Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Rainy Days and Sick babies

Well, we've had quite a week around here.  Anna Kate woke up Monday morning with a sudden and unexpected skin infection that we've been battling all week.  And of course, since she was apparently contagious before she even showed any symptoms, Caroline ended up getting it too.  So we have been confined to the house these past few days while we've waited for it to start to clear up.  I mean, seriously, we haven't left the house since Monday except to go to the doctor and the pharmacy!  Oh, and a wonderful 45 minute outing for me to go get my haircut, thanks to Luke who came home to watch the babies!  So how have we been spending our time?  We've had to get a little creative!  Here is Anna Kate playing with her "cloud dough" - flour and baby oil!  It's got a fun texture to it, different from playdough, and LOTS messier!  We actually took these pictures last week (so before her skin broke out), but it's the same thing!



And sweet baby Caroline is perfectly content to play on her playmat with her new favorite toy - this triangular prism with lots of fun things to do!



And one quick funny story about Anna Kate.  So, I know this is hard to believe, but I really did adhere to the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations that babies shouldn't watch any TV until they are 2 years old.  And then her 2nd birthday came and went and I saw no need to introduce it.  So Anna Kate truly had never seen cartoons or movies ever in her little life (she has occasionally watched a football game or Jeopardy with us!).  So anyway, Tuesday she was feeling pretty miserable and I asked her if she wanted to watch a movie (a 30-minute little Max Lucado video about a caterpillar turning into a butterfly).  She LOVED it =) 
Fast forward to today...
She came and picked up my glass of water to take a sip and I asked her not to drink out of my cup because she's still a little sick.  She responded, "No, Mommy, I am not sick anymore, I am feeling better!"  Less than 5 minutes later she asked if she could watch the caterpillar movie again.  I told her that I didn't think we needed to watch another movie since she wasn't sick anymore.  To which she responded, "No, Mommy, I am VERY sick, I am not feeling good!"  She's a quick one!  I can see it now...she'll be the one doing the whole thermometer up to the lightbulb trick to get out of going to school one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment