Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day 2012


If these two girls don't inspire you to get out and vote, I don't know what will! 

After a breakfast table discussion with Daddy about Presidents and candidates and voting and the democratic process, I decided we needed to dress in full patriotic garb for our trip to the polls.  Luke had a meeting at work, so he had to leave ahead of us, leaving me to take both girls to the polls by myself.  I was a little nervous, but apparently it pays to live in a small town!  Our polling location is our neighborhood clubhouse (within walking distance) and there are only 400 people total registered to vote in our precinct.  So...absolutely no line!  Anna Kate thought the whole process was pretty cool and really wanted to participate (she made sure she handed her fake credit card to the poll worker when I handed them my ID).  She also proudly wore her "I Voted" sticker all day!  And Caroline did a great job looking patriotic!

And now we wait and watch!  I'm not going to lie, I may have to go to bed soon, but I'll be up a couple times during the night with Caroline anyway, so I can just check then!

No comments:

Post a Comment