Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

These girls of mine...

They really are sweet.  Most of the time.  Anna Kate is learning so much every single day and growing up so quickly right before our eyes.  Sometimes I catch myself when we're having a conversation and wonder how a 2 year old can sound so grown up.  And Caroline.  Caroline is really coming into her own lately.  She is exploring everything, climbing on everything, developing quite a little sense of humor, and trying so hard to communicate with us.  They truly are a joy.

And then we have nights like Monday night =)

Luke was at a deacons' meeting, so I was flying solo at bedtime.  They had behaved pretty well through dinner and our advent devotional, but then 7:30 came.  Anna Kate was whining and fussing about not wanting to go to bed and Caroline was running around the house making as many messes as she could in her last few minutes of freedom.  I finally managed to get them up the stairs and sat Anna Kate on the potty.  I undressed Caroline and then realized that I didn't have any clean diapers upstairs.  So I ran down to grab one and by the time I had returned, Caroline (who has a newfound fascination with all things related to the bathroom) had unrolled half the roll of toilet paper and was splashing in the toilet that Anna Kate was presently using.  Great.  So I picked up Caroline, washed her hands and arms really well in the sink and set her down so I could help Anna Kate finish up on the potty.  At which point, Caroline (who as you recall is completely naked) decides that it would be a good time to go potty.  All over the floor.  I sent Anna Kate into the bedroom to find her jammies while I gave Caroline a bath, and Anna Kate decided she would start up with the bedtime fussing again.  I finally got both of them in their jammies and ready for bed and Anna Kate, with all sincerity, looks at me and says, "Mommy, it's hard to have such naughty children, isn't it?"

Oh, Anna Kate.  You are wise beyond your years.  And God is already using you to teach me so much.  Yes, there are difficult days in this whole parenting thing.  But how much more difficult of a child am I to my Heavenly Father and yet, he is always "slow to anger, abounding in love."  Oh to be more like Him. 

And back to these children.  At least they're cute!  They've always got that going for them =) 



These pictures were taken by our good friend Renee, who is a much better photographer than she gives herself credit for! 

There are plenty more pictures, but I don't want to ruin them for all those of you who might be receiving Christmas cards =)

No comments:

Post a Comment