Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday's Letters

I've been inspired by my friend Renee from church, over at Southern Gal Thoughts, to do a weekly post entitled Friday's Letters.  There are so many little bits and pieces of our days and weeks that I want to document and remember, but that don't seem to warrant an entire blog post.  So, I love this idea!  Here goes:

Dear Kershaw County Library,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for providing new books for us to read each week.  We LOVE storytime and checking out new books each Thursday.  The wonderful worlds of imagination your books open up to my children are priceless!

Dear Amelia Bedelia,
I love that your silly antics have been engendering the same vast amounts of laughter in Anna Kate that they used to do for me!

 

Dear Anna Kate,
You amaze me.  You woke up yesterday from your nap at 2:45.  You know that you aren't supposed to get out of bed until the first number on the clock is a 3, so you asked for your library books.  I brought them to you and when I still hadn't heard from you at 3:15, I found you engrossed in your stories.  I read with you for a little while and then headed downstairs to start on dinner.  You came down at 4:15 having read ALL of them!


Dear Caroline, 
I love that you are wanting to "do school" with Anna Kate too!  Yesterday, you crawled up on the couch while Anna Kate and I were doing our reading lesson and you started pointing to the letters and trying to make sounds.  Anna Kate and I had lots of fun "teaching" you to read too!  Now, to be fair, sometimes you just end up eating crayons when we try to "do school" with you, but yesterday was a good day!

Dear Spring,
We are ready for you now.  You have toyed with our hearts with a couple of 70 degree afternoons, but they haven't lasted.  45 degrees and rainy is getting a little old.  But we don't want summer to come too quickly either!

Dear Luke,
I know you've had a busy week trying to keep your youth entertained while they are on Spring Break, but seeing how excited you get when the kids are having fun and inviting their friends and enjoying fellowship together makes it all worth it!


Photo: Had a great time with our students tonight! Volleyball, ice cream, and some good fellowship makes for a good evening.

Dear Riverbanks Zoo,
Thank you for providing a great Daddy/Daughters date this morning for Luke and the girls while I went to an appointment and ran some errands.  They especially loved the penguins and gorillas today!

Dear Mrs. Linda (who runs our little hospital gift shop),
Thank you for asking my girls to "model" some of your precious new clothes!  We had lots of fun and hopefully took a few pictures that you can use!






Dear homemade almond butter,
Thank you for being so easy.  Way easier than I thought.  I have been craving peanut butter ever since I've had to stop eating peanuts because of Caroline's allergy.  But alas, finding almond butter at a decent price in our little town has not been easy.  Until I found out that all I had to do was put almonds in the blender!

Dear almond chocolate freezer fudge,
Thank you for being just as delicious (dare I say more delicious?) than the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups I haven't had in over a year! 


Dear full nights of sleep,
We miss you!  Please come back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment