Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Catechism - Caroline style!

I've mentioned on the blog before that we have been teaching our girls the Westminster catechism for children since Anna Kate was very little. Anna Kate is continuing to learn more and more and is now working on learning the questions/answers about the Ten Commandments. Caroline has just recently exploded with her ability to learn the catechism as well, so I thought I would share a little video.



Now, lest you think she always does that well, I also thought I would share some of Caroline's catechism bloopers over the past few weeks. Honestly, we're not sure how many of these are genuine honest mistakes, and how many of them are her little sense of humor shining through - she truly is quite the comedian. She kind of reminds us of my sister Sarah during family devotions in that regard. In any case, here are some good examples:

Question: Why did God create you and all things?
Answer: For His glory.
Caroline's answer: "For His GLORIA!" (her favorite Christmas carol this year was "Angels We Have Heard on High")

Question: In how many persons does this one true God exist?
Correct answer: Three persons.
Caroline's answer: "Only like five or six persons."

Question: Who are they?
Correct answer: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Caroline's answer: "God the Father, God the mother...?" 

Question: Can you see God?
Correct answer: No, I cannot see God, but He can see me.
Caroline's answer #1: "No, I cannot see God, but Mommy can see God!" 
Caroline's answer #2: "No, I cannot see God, but He can see Mommy!"


Now, for those of you who are concerned, we have since corrected all of her heretical answers as listed above and she now answers them correctly!

No comments:

Post a Comment