Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

We had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! Luke and the girls went above and beyond to make sure I felt very special and loved.

On Friday, the little preschool where the girls and I go one day a week had a Mother's Day picnic. I took the big girls while Luke kept Eleanor. I had such a fun time sitting and visiting with my girls. We actually wore the outfits I made for Easter two years ago...just put jean shorts with the dresses and they're pretty tops now!


The girls loved showing me their artwork on display in the hallways.






On Friday, Luke did lots of work outside the house (trimming and raking the whole yard and cleaning the front porch). Saturday was work inside day...Luke even installed a new garbage disposal! I know none of those are super exciting things, but they were things that just make our home prettier and more functional and I'm so thankful that he did them. Luke also went up to the church for an hour or two so that he wouldn't have to go in early on Sunday morning. He normally goes in a couple hours before the rest of us. Saturday night, Luke kept Caroline and Eleanor so that Anna Kate and I could go to her friend Nora's ballet performance. They did Swan Lake and Nora was a precious baby swan. AK got really into the story line and gave me quite the glare when I applauded for the evil sorcerer during the curtain call. She applauded heartily for everyone else, but when he came out, she glared and him and crossed her arms :) In any case, we had a fun little Mommy-Daughter date! Side note: this was the first time that Luke has attempted giving Eleanor a bottle. Unsuccessful. She was not pleased. Luckily, we were only gone right at 3 hours, so she was fine to just wait for me!

On Sunday, Luke made cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and had laid out a few little surprises that he and the girls had bought for me. Coffee, chocolate, a couple kitchen things...he knows me well :)


We had a great morning with our church family. Katie and Chelsey did a great job teaching our youth girls, God used the sermon to work on my heart, my children were all well-behaved, and they all were still wearing their matching dresses at the end of service (with occasional spit up and potty training issues, this isn't always the case)! Ha!



And these are the sweet gifts that the girls made me in their classes. Precious...



After church we came home and had sandwiches and great naps before heading into Sandhills for the afternoon/evening. I did a little shopping at Old Navy, we took the girls to PetSmart (don't judge...if we're not going to get them a pet, the least we can do is let them look at them...), and had a great dinner at the Olive Garden. This was the first time we had been out to dinner as a family of five to somewhere other than Chick-fil-A which has a playplace. Luke said it was like the SAT's of parenting - a super high-pressure exam! The girls actually did very well and we had a great time. They did so well in fact, that we took them to a frozen yogurt place afterward - one that had 15-20 different sorbet options for Caroline!


And...they had a photo booth...so this happened.



All in all, it was a fantastic weekend and I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and my three precious little blessings.

P.S. If you read the previous post by my husband, I have no idea who he was writing about. Ok, but in all seriousness, please know that when those things are true (which is certainly not 100% of the time), it is always and only the Lord loving my children through me. On my own, I am nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment