Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Monday, January 11, 2010

Baby Showers!

Well, I know I've been out of the blogging world for the last couple weeks, but what a fun and exciting last couple weeks it's been! Since my last post, we had a wonderful Christmas break with Luke's family in Greenwood, SC, had two baby showers, started back to school, and almost completely finished the nursery. Our first baby shower was thrown by my three best friends from college - Caitlin, Lesley, and Whitney - and a number of our close friends and family from SC came to celebrate our little girl's upcoming arrival. It was so good to see everyone and to have them share in this special time in our lives. Here is a picture of me with Whitney, Lesley, and Caitlin.



The second shower was thrown this past weekend by my sister Sarah and good friend Kelly and was mostly for our church family here in Wake Forest. I was absolutely overwhelmed that nearly 40 ladies came to celebrate with us and to give us such wonderful gifts. We have an incredible church family and feel so blessed with how they have taken care of us and provided almost everything we could possibly need for our little girl. Here is a picture of me with Sarah and Kelly.



When I came home from the shower, I just had to show Luke all of the wonderful gifts that we received, so I laid them all out on the couch (along with the gifts from our SC shower - except the ones that are already in place in the nursery!). Luke said that he never knew there were quite so many shades of pink! We really cannot say thank you enough to all of our friends and family for their love and generosity.


No comments:

Post a Comment