Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Friday, July 8, 2011

Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A!

One of my friends mentioned to me yesterday that today was Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A and that anyone dressed like a cow would get a free meal! I will admit, my first reaction was, "I'm not sure I have enough energy or creativity right now to get cow costumes together," but then it started to sound like fun and we made it a whole family activity! Now before I share the pictures, I guess I have to do a little bit of explanation for all of my Oregon family since there is no Chick-fil-A in the Pacific Northwest...yet...

Chick-fil-A is the most wonderful fast food restaurant you will ever encounter. As its name suggests, its specialty is chicken - chicken sandwiches, chicken nuggets, chicken salads, chicken wraps, chicken biscuits, you name it. Their mascot, however, is a cow who tries to convince the general public to stop eating beef (himself) and start eating more chicken.

Ok, now to today. So I first had to convince Luke that getting a free meal would indeed be worth the public humiliation of dressing like a cow, and worth the 25 minute drive into Columbia to the nearest Chick-fil-A. But he loves Chick-fil-A as much if not more than I do, so this wasn't too difficult. Anna Kate was actually quite excited about helping me make the costumes (which just included black and white clothing and the printable cow ears/nose/spots that you can download from their website). She LOVED her hat with cow ears and actually kept it on the whole evening! She also practiced mooing like a cow the whole way there in the car. Well, actually she got confused at one point and thought she was a sheep and started saying "baaa" but we corrected that! In any case, we got there and we were NOT the only ones dressed like cows (much to Luke's relief) and we got $15 worth of free food! 2 adult value meals and a kids meal! Totally worth it! Alright, now to the pictures:




P.S. I have to admit that dressing up like a cow hit a little too close to home for this pregnant mama...but it was fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!

    As I was dressing Kenzie up (attaching her spots while we were in the parking lot) she said, "Mama, you ARE sure it is today, right?". I had to laugh.

    ReplyDelete