Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Friday, September 16, 2011

36 weeks and we have a name!!!

I will be at 36 weeks on Sunday and it's hard to believe our sweet girl is going to be here so soon! We are starting to get so excited to meet her! I had a doctor appointment yesterday and everything looks great. No signs of labor yet, so that's good but means we will have to be patient another few weeks! The ultrasound estimated that she weighs about 6 pounds right now, and our doctor said she will probably gain 3/4 of a pound a week from here on out. So...another 10 pound baby? We'll see!

One special note: my mom got to come with me to this appointment to see the ultrasound! With them living overseas, this isn't something that she would normally get to do, so it was fun to have her there! We are also really enjoying having them here in SC for 4 months (more on that in another post!).

As far as this pregnancy goes, I am feeling really well and honestly enjoying these last few weeks. I don't feel nearly as puffy and swollen as I did with Anna Kate, so I am a lot more comfortable. Still the occasional heartburn, but other than that, no real complaints! I am feeling the baby move and kick around ALL the time and Luke even said today that it looked like she was trying to break out! Here are a couple of pictures we took today.



And finally, for some bigger news...we have decided on a name! I don't know why it was so much harder this time than last time, but it definitely took us longer. Maybe it's because we were overthinking the whole sibling thing...wanting the names to sound good together, but not be too matchy matchy, etc. So, without further ado, we have settled on....Caroline Hope Tolbert. Obviously, a carol is a song, and actually means "joyous song," so this little one will be our joyous song of hope! We are so excited to meet our little Caroline (whom Anna Kate has already nicknamed "Line Line")! We'll keep you all updated as we get closer to her arrival!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and I am so glad that I got to see sweet Caroline Hope yesterday on the ultrasound. You are beautiful Patty and Daddy and I are so proud of the mother that you are to Anna Kate and soon to be Caroline Hope!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look AWESOME! you don't look puffy at all!! Thank goodness. Maybe not having to be on your feet teaching all the time has done you some good this go round. I'm SO glad to get to see you. I miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name. Ethan loves the "Sweet Caroline" song. No wonder she's kicking so much...not much room left in there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do look good Patty! I was the exact same, puffy with Wes because of the teaching, felt great with Coops because I wasn't. Makes all the difference. I LOVE her name. And I know you say it has nothing to do with it, but I do like how Caroline ties into the states where you two met, and now live. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect name for a Carolina girl! So excited for your sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how it says it's "dustin" talking about how puffy he was with wes...
    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the name! You and I think alike on names so much! Caroline was a name I have considered for my daughter coming from India. :) But I think I told you what we decided on. Hey, that reminds me we never skyped!

    ReplyDelete