Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Friday, November 18, 2011

1 month old today!

Happy one-month birthday, Caroline Hope! It's amazing how much joy you have brought us in such a short time! One month ago today we were just meeting you for the first time and now we can't imagine life without you. Here is what we have learned about you in your first month of life:

~You would much rather sleep with someone rather than in your own bassinet! In fact, you are snuggling on the couch with your daddy at this very moment! You spent every night for the first couple weeks snuggling with Mommy or Daddy. However, you are doing MUCH better and now spend almost the whole night in your own bed!
~You LOVE to eat! I think you would probably be just fine with nursing every hour. Usually you nurse every two hours during the day and every three or four at night. Although sometimes you need just a little "comfort" snack in between each real feeding...
~You haven't really established a regular routine yet, but that could be more my own doing than yours. With your big sister, I was more concerned about establishing that routine so that it would work with my schedule when I went back to work. Since I am staying at home with you now, I am just able to enjoy every moment and not worry about a schedule. However, I think you are starting to have a little bit more of a regular routine which will be nice.
~You are really a very easygoing baby. You do very well if I have to lay you down in your Moses basket or your swing during the day while I chase after Anna Kate!
~You love for me to wear you in my sling. You love the rocking motion of my walking as I go about my day. You also do really well in it at church all cuddled up next to Mommy.
~You already have quite a few nicknames, as any true member of our family would! You are frequently referred to as Sweet Caroline, Care Bear, Caresy Bearsy, Caroliney (which sounds more like Taro-yiney when your sister says it!), Line Line, Liney Bear, and Caresy Hope!
~We just started to see glimmers of your first little smiles the other day, and it's quite a beautiful one! You have also started to coo just a little bit in the last week or so.
~We had your doctor's appointment yesterday and you are growing well! You were almost back to your birth weight at your one week appointment and now you weigh 10 lbs. 9 oz! You have also gotten taller and are now 23 1/2 inches long.

Sweet Caroline, you are such a precious little girl. You are a treasured daughter, sister, granddaughter, great-granddaughter, niece, and cousin to so many! You truly are a blessing from God to our family!

And here is your first month picture! (Actually two because I couldn't decide)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness she looks like you Patty! What a blessed little person is Caroline Hope.

    ReplyDelete