Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Monday, June 25, 2012

Family day at the zoo!

Totally unprompted and out of the blue, Anna Kate asked me last week if we could go to the zoo...here's how it went:

AK, shoulders shrugged, arms out, and palms up: "Maybe we could go to the zoo tomorrow, Mommy, would that be fun?"

Now how can you say no to that?!?  So Friday (HOT as it was!), we headed out to the zoo.  We actually took the girls to the Botanical Gardens first (the one that Luke and I visited last week) and they loved it!  They especially loved the tram ride over the Saluda river to get there!  The highlight of the gardens was the little children's area with this sweet little play house.  Anna Kate would have stayed there all day if we'd let her!




Daddy and Anna Kate enjoying the gardens


We also found this cute little guy at the Botanical Gardens...brought back memories of my days growing up in Miami...as a 10-year-old I thought they were so cool and used them as earrings.  As a high schooler I was disgusted and made my dad or brothers come and dispose of them for me if they got in my room!


After the gardens we headed back over to the zoo side and saw almost the entire park in just a couple hours!  The gorillas were a hit with both girls!


Here's a video so you can see their enjoyment of the big gorilla!




We spent a lot of time in the aquarium...mostly because it's really neat, but also because it was a reprieve from the HOT sun!  Anna Kate was especially intrigued by the sharks that kept swimming by.


Sweet girl taking a rest in the penguin exhibit


And a picture of me with my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment