Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dining Room Makeover!

Luke and I have been wanting to paint and redecorate our dining room for quite some time.  The green that was in there when we moved in was just a little dark for our taste and it made the room (which is quite large) seem smaller.  But, painting a room is quite a big undertaking with two small children at your feet!  You can only work from 1-3pm and then from 8pm until you can't keep your eyes open any longer.  So we just kept putting it off.  But Caroline's birthday party a couple weeks ago provided just the right incentive!  So we asked a lady from our church to come over and give us some advice on color schemes.  She is a decorator extraordinaire and knows these historic Camden homes very well.  So she actually took Anna Kate with her to the paint store to pick out some samples (she also took her to Walmart to buy anything she wanted...but that's another story!).  We ended up choosing a light gray/lavender color that we love!  We had the room finished in time for the party, but the fabric I ordered for the curtains didn't get here in time, so I just finished sewing those yesterday.  So, without further ado, here are the before and after pics!

Before...
(ignore the party decorations - the only pictures I could find of the dining room were from AK's 2nd birthday!)



And after!
(I couldn't decide if it was better with the lights on or off...so here's both!)



And here is an up close of the fabric I used to make the curtains.  The gold color matches our living room, so we thought it flowed nicely!


Now onto the next project...Luke wants to do a little fixing up of our landscaping.  We'll keep you posted if/when we start that one!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful, Patty! I love the curtain fabric. I hope you got my email about the clips. Sewing curtains is next on my to-do list. I've only had the fabric for three months...

    ReplyDelete