Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday's Letters

Dear Readers,
I'm sorry I've skipped "Friday's Letters" the past couple of weeks.  We were in Virginia one of the weeks, and then last week I felt like I was still working to get caught up with everything after being away! 

Dear Luke,
You are such a good Daddy.  The girls have been looking forward to a "Daddy-stay-home-day" all week and you did not disappoint them today!  Even though it was chilly and damp out, you wanted to do something fun with them, so you built them quite a magnificent fort!  Thank you for entertaining them in there for most of the morning - reading, eating snacks, singing songs, and more!





Dear Anna Kate,
You are God's instrument of sanctification in my life.  And I am not saying that because you are difficult (although you have your moments!), but rather because of the honesty of your little heart.  God uses your poignant words to speak truth into my own life.  Just the other day, you were having a bit of a difficult morning and I asked you why you disobeyed Mommy.  Without hesitation you responded, "Because I doubted God's goodness."  Yes, baby girl, yes you did.  You doubted that God's words were good and true when he said for children to obey their parents.  And you know what?  That's why I disobey God too.  I doubt that His plans are good and perfect and I try to do things my own way.  I doubt that he will care for me and I begin to worry.  So Anna Kate, let's help each other to trust in the goodness of God.  I will keep teaching you what it means to trust Him, and you keep reminding me when I forget.

Dear Big Picture Story Bible,
Thank you for teaching my children the truths of God's word.  Thank you for the repetition of phrases throughout your pages that show them the sinfulness of our hearts and our desperate need for Jesus.

Dear Caroline,
Thank you for being Mommy's big helper.  You just love to help me around the house.  Every time I grab the vacuum, you grab yours too.  When I wipe down the counters, you grab a rag and wipe things down too.  This morning you wanted to unload the dishwasher and you did the silverware all by yourself!



Dear Mimi,
Thank you for coming to visit on Tuesday and Wednesday!  The girls loved spending time with you and I can't believe we didn't get any pictures.  We were too busy playing at the park, going to the library, putting together puzzles, and reading stories.  We will take more pictures next time!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment