Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Luke, Patty, Anna Kate, Caroline, and Eleanor

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Friday's (or...Saturday's) Letters

Dear Summertime,
I feel like it was just last week that springtime arrived, but here you are! Temperatures have been hitting the mid-80's every afternoon, which means lots of park time and picnics and outside play (and sandy and sweaty little girls!). 

 

Dear Rebekah,
Thank you so much for taking Anna Kate to see the ballet version of Cinderella with Nora last weekend. She absolutely loved it, as evidenced by her question to you when you gave her a program to take home: "Ms. Rebekah, is this my membership so that I can come back?" She has been showing us her newly-acquired ballet "moves" all week. Here are a couple pictures that I took when she returned home. Your mom put a couple of cute ones up here, too!



Dear Christa,
Thank you for inviting me to run the 5K last weekend to benefit Restoration Ranch (an orphanage in the Dominican Republic). I haven't run a race in 10 years (since high school track!), but sometimes all you need is a little motivation! And I'm pretty impressed that we both completed it in under 30 minutes! Here are a couple of extremely flattering pictures of the two of us...

 

(Pictures used with permission by the official race photographer)

Dear Alpha-Phonics,
Thank you for teaching me to read 25 years ago, and for now teaching my daughter to read! Your pages are getting a little worn, your binding is now taped up with masking tape, and you have quite a few stickers gracing your pages, but you have opened up to Anna Kate a whole new realm of opportunity and wonder and imagination.

  
Dear Anna Kate,
Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you for finishing all 128 lessons in Alpha-Phonics. I wasn't really planning on doing much formal "pre-schooling" this school year, but you were more than ready and literally begging to learn to read, so we jumped right in. Because you worked so hard each and every day, Daddy took you on a picnic and to get a cupcake to celebrate!  You thought that was just about the coolest thing ever!



Dear Giraffes,
You are always a highlight of our zoo trips. I love that we can get right up close to see you. We don't always pay the extra $1 or 2 for lettuce to feed you (mostly because Anna Kate hasn't been brave enough in the past), but yesterday she said she wanted to try. I absolutely LOVE her facial expressions in these pictures (it's a mixture between excitement, surprise, and complete terror that you might eat her whole hand!).




Dear Grizzly Bears,
Out of all the animals we saw yesterday, we spent the longest amount of time at your exhibit. Caroline could not get enough of you. She loved that you were splashing around and swimming in your watering hole. She kept saying, "Bear, Wa-Wa, Bear, Wa-Wa, Bear, Wa-Wa!"



Dear Camden Music Association,
I'm looking forward to playing in your members' showcase tomorrow afternoon. I haven't done much solo performing as of late, so we'll see how it goes!  I'm playing one of my favorite pieces - Appalachia Waltz by Mark O'Connor. In fact, I love it so much that it was the song playing when I walked down the aisle at our wedding.


Have a great weekend, everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment